Featured post

TIPS FROM A STAY AT HOME MOM ON HOW TO SUCCESSFULLY WORK FROM HOME


Hello and welcome back! So it's probably been a few months and you've bonded with little one non stop, and you are now ready to get back to the grind, or at least practice a bit. I wrote about how to work from home in a previous article, so now I will tell you how I hacked it...

Get Help
If you're a strong, independent woman like me (hehehe) then you probably don't see the point of getting a househelp because you can handle it and though this is true, it only stands for if that's all you're doing because contrary to popular belief running a home is a job in itself, that is kinda why we sometimes hire someone to do it for us but if you're lucky enough to be born a man you can just marry someone to do it lol. So get a nanny to look after little one while you handle the rest of the biz, and your mind will be clear enough to do that when you know there's someone taking care of little one.

Get Organized
You will need a plan, and to write down a strict routine which you will follow just as though you were employed regularly because otherwise it will be a joke. Most people assume that when you are a freelancer it means you can work when you feel like it and though this is true, they don't tell you that you will reap what you sow; minimal hours equal minimal pay. So write up a schedule and go to bed knowing what time you have to wake up even if you don't want to and you will see results in good time. After all if you were working for someone else you would need to keep a routine, so if you want that paycheck at the end then make yourself your boss and work as hard for yourself as you would for someone else.

Get Working
We tend to procrastinate most of the time when we are left with the power to make our own decisions and maybe this is some rebellion from the system we have of having to follow a million rules when growing up, but I digress. When you decide you want to work from home and figure out what you want to do, get to it immediately and do not give space to the handy excuses like "I'll start tomorrow", "I don't have such and such specific equipment", "let me do more research" etc. Though research is as important as ever, don't give it more time and resources than it needs because in the end hands-on experience is the best teacher.

Get Out
I don't mean the movie lol though maybe ....... So anyway if what you're doing is online work like data entry, article writing, blogging etc, you need a quiet place to keep your train of thought running well enough and to have maximum productivity. So if you can find a nice slow coffee shop or other space you can sit in for at least an hour each day to get the work done I highly recommend this. If you're doing crafts this might work as well to some degree because as long as you are around your babies, all you will do is be their mama :-)

So this is all I have for now and it's is the four steps I took to enable me to build a work ethic which opened more opportunities for me and I suggest you give it a try. If you can think of anything else to add to my steps then do let me know in the comments, and if you're a successful work from home Mama then share you're tips and testimonies as well, otherwise til next week, adios!

Comments